Welcome!

Welcome to the dressage spot, a place for the young (or young at heart) dressage riders wanting to gain information on the sport of dressage, training tips, equine health care, maintenance and fun!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

EDAP Continued...


The first full day of the EDAP clinic began at a bright and early 5:30 am!  Genay and I are staying together at Jen Baumert’s house.  It was so fun to go to bed giggling over silly things and wake up full of expectations.  Neither of us had a horse to ride yet so we were both anxious about what the day would bring. 

     Genay’s horse arrived first.  Wilson is a lovely I-1 competitor with the sweetest owner around.  She stayed most of the day to help us, watch the riding and take lots of photos.  There was a bit of mix up with the horse sent for me and he came missing tack and with the wrong bridle so my anxiety went up a few notches.  He was a lovely chestnut and I joked about him being the first redhead I had ever ridden.  I discovered years ago when looking back at my horse selection that I favor bays!  Strange how that works isn’t it.  I always imagined I would have a big black horse like Black Beauty or the Black Stallion. 

     Anyway I was riding for Tina Konyot at noon.  At 10am Brandi Roenick was riding with her, at 11am Genay Vaughn was riding for her also, so I was coming after that illustrious grouping.  Well things didn’t go well; as they sometimes do and I learned a valuable lesson.  Tina gave me some amazing encouragement and told Lendon that she needed to find me another horse or she would let me ride Collect V instead.  Fortunately, Rick Silva came to the rescue and brought me Renoir, a lovely horse that rode in the Young Rider European Championship last year.  He was ridden by a young Italian guy.  When I told the girls this they were more interested to know if he was coming to watch than about the horse!

     After a great lecture (as usual) by Dr. Susser on visualization, focus, practicing and setting goals we were off to dinner.  I spotted Eleni in the parking lot at the restaurant and Genay and I rounded up a few more EDAP strays (including Emily Smith) and we had a great dinner at Backstreet.  The homemade chicken noodle soup was fab.

     Off to bed to dream of my ride with Robert Dover in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment