Welcome!

Welcome to the dressage spot, a place for the young (or young at heart) dressage riders wanting to gain information on the sport of dressage, training tips, equine health care, maintenance and fun!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Preparing for EDAP

Well three rides back in the saddle and my spirits are both soaring and diving!  I feel so happy because i am at home here in the saddle!  I feel as if I found the thing that has been missing for a few weeks.  Yet it doesn't feel quite the same.  In the 13 I have been riding I have only had more than a day or two off maybe two times.  The first time was in 2010 after I got kicked in the torso by SJ at NAJRC and now.  I am a little out of shape!  My rebuilding is going to take another couple of weeks.  Luckily I have the time before qualifying season. I think it may turn out to be a little blessing as Jeremy has been riding SJ and our developmental year might get fast forwarded! :) 
 I have been working so hard in therapy and physio to get ready for Florida.  The Robert Dover week with EDAP is one of the highlights od my year.  I have been focused since the FOC on preparing for it. The competitive and driven part of me wanted to ride through the pain stiffness and weakness. I felt I had a lot to prove, maybe if only to myself. I also didn't want to disappoint anyone. But I also believe in teamwork, helping others and fairness.  So we agreed that I shouldn't take away the possibility for another rider to give and learn 100%. I didn't want to be unfair to my fellow riders or the clinicians.  So I called Lendon and gave her the news.  So someone today got that happy call, "bring your boots"!   I am very happy to be part of that, and sad I must admit to not riding in what everyone knows is my favorite event of the year.  
  However, I have to say thanks to Lendon for understanding and helping me by giving me a job!  I get to have education clinics during horse care for the auditors.  I have spent the time since then coming up with topics and activities. I hope my fellow RDHMW auditors will enjoy them.  I have to say I am on the countdown to head out!  I can not wait to see old friends and make new ones.

  The other news this week was getting to know Anna and her family better.  Her mom and mine seemed to bond over the stove while Anna and I planned some riding adventures. She didn't know about EDAP!  We tried to fill them in on lots of the YR programs.  I hope y'all spread the word too!  Oh and we went to the mall. I needed something to wear in the evenings in Florida.  Anna has amazingly classy taste and found a beautiful dress for me.  I might not be riding this week but I will be styling! I used to think fashion was a some girls thing; but now I  think it is a type of psychology. For example, when you feel you look good it lifts your spirits or gives you confidence. It helps and I hope it helps to make being on the ground easier.
  Well I won't write again til Florida. Then I hope to write everyday.  So the next few posts will be full of clinic data and less riding for me means more info for you because I will have time for better notes!  I will say I am actually going to be sad to miss out on the full Bob 6 am workouts too!  Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment